How do I listen to a podcast?
Programs that help you listen to or watch podcasts are called “podcatchers”. There are many podcatchers available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone/iPod/iPad/iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones. Almost all programs have the option to automatically download new episodes of the podcasts that you’re subscribed to so they’re instantly ready for you.
You can also listen to podcasts right on this website. A web player is included on every one of the podcast web pages. Find the show you’re interested in and listen to an episode right from your browser. Check this link services supplier
Windows, Mac and Linux
Many of these podcatchers are also media managers. Meaning, they could play music and videos in addition to managing your podcasts. All of these programs are free.
- iTunes (Windows & Mac) – This Apple program is one of the most popular podcatchers around. It can sync with your Apple iOS devices.
- Zune (Windows) – This Microsoft program is similar to iTunes. It will also automatically download new shows you’re subscribed to, sync with your Windows devices and share podcasts with friends.
- Miro – An open-source podcast manager
- Juice (A.K.A. iPodder) – Another open source podcatcher. This no-frills podcast player is specifically made only for podcasts. Visit wundermold.com.
iPhone, iPod, iPad (Apple iOS devices)
- RSSRadio – This feature filled app allows you to play shows at x2 speed, among other things. The free version is limited to 3 podcast subscriptions and has ads. The paid version has unlimited subscriptions and no ads.
- Downcast – This app also lets you listen at different speeds, can sync with iCloud, has a sleep timer and many other features.
Players for Android devices
- Podkicker – This free program has a clean intuitive user interface and will stream or download shows. The pro version is available here.
- BeyondPod – Full featured Podcast Manager (podcatcher) and RSS feed reader.
- PodTrapper – A robust podcast player and download manager. Free for 30 days.
- Tunes – Listen to audio files, live Internet radio and streaming podcasts.
- Podcatcher – A mobile podcast client designed with streaming and play queue capability.
- i Podcast – Browse, search, stream, download, and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your windows phone device.
Web based players
- ShortOrange – Listen, organize, and enjoy podcasts using your browser.
Did I miss any apps? Which ones do you like to listen to podcasts with? Let me know in the comments.